The on demand video interview in one of the latest revolutions of the world of recruitment.
These are job applications in video format, that candidates can record anywhere at anytime and that recruiters can view, evaluate and share on a single platform.
The interview in a video format allows the recruiter to obtain more info of better quality, overcoming visual barriers imposed by a CV and by a cover letter and giving access to the 93% of the communication that is not verbal.
Already is use on platforms not dedicated to recruiting, such as Skype, the video format has become a usual practice in Italian and international companies, which substitute the introductory meeting, usually carried out by phone or, with great investment of time and resources, in person.
The on demand is a format that has taken over the world of digital services and represents great potential for the field of HR.
Through the on demand video interview, recruiters have the chance to manager and review the quantity of video applications gathered with an innovative, flexible and efficient tool.
CVing presents one comprehensive platform that organises efficiently the video interviews, both those received by invite of the company itself and the spontaneous applications: the videos can be watched on the desktop app, the recruiter can ranked them, attach notes and a CV, and ultimately share the best candidates with their colleagues.
The on demand formula offers the solution to the optimization of time and resources, to the organization of the information and to the sharing of the data within the company, for a better decision-making process.
The pre-selection phase corresponds to the moment in which applications for a specific position have been gathered and recruiters have to face the first step of the progressive selection of candidates.
This phase is placed upstream in the process and it is fundamental to identify the best candidates, that recruiters might not give the right attention to, and, at the same time, it is the most time consuming moment, which necessitates of organizational efforts and resources.
The pre-selection usually happens on the base of a CV or of a cover letter, often followed by a first meeting, via phone or in person.
The quality of the information accessible in this phase is very restricted with the traditional methods, which offer written information, not very explanatory and lacking of indication about personality or attitude.
The main step in the phase of pre-selection that the CVing platforms aims to substitute is the phone screening, whose average duration of of 17.5 min, against the 4.5 of the CVing interview. Through the CVing format, the recruiter acquires accurate visual information and is able to evaluate the application in their own time and in simple collaboration with his team.
According to the pilot tests we have conducted, the CVing process is able to make recruiters save, on average, 72% of the time of the selection process, while removing all junk cost (phone calls, meeting arrangements,…) and with the result of physical meetings only dedicated to worthy and in focus candidates.
- The company creates a new campaign on the desktop app, adding a short description of the job position
- The recruiter chooses the 5 in focus questions to ask candidates
- The recruiter selects and imports the contacts they intend to send the Pending Interview to, singularly or in lists – the collections of the candidates’ profiles has already happened through portals such as LinkedIn or Monster. With one click, the recruiter send the invitations to the Pending Interview to the candidates.
- Candidates receives progressively the pending interviews and has the chance to add notes, access the results of the personality tests, rank the application and view the CVs. The ranking helps to organized the candidates according to the recruiter’s preference.
- The recruiters selects the most suitable candidates and shares them with their clients (in the case of an agency) or of a colleague (in the case of a company)
- When the person is hired and the campaign is archived, the recruiter can send a feedback to all candidates by recording a 60 sec video with an explanation of the profile that was hired and the reasoning behind it.
- The company can decide whether to make the campaign “public”: doing so, the job position will be visible to on the candidates’ up in the section Radar, where the job offers are located and open to spontaneous applications.
8. The candidate can choose the geographical area where to look for job offers. The spontaneous application will be sent in the format of a Pending Interview, the on demand video interview with the 5 questions suggested by the recruiter.
Recruiters will have access to the applications, both the spontaneous and of the invited profiles, in one single page. In both lists, they will be able to use the features of the notes, the personality test, of the ranking and of the CV.
CVing has been designed around the needs of the recruiters of today and of tomorrow.
Among the main advantages offered by the new process:
- Better quality of selection
According to Albert Mehrabian, renowned researched of non verbal communication, only 7% of communication is vocal, and, therefore, the phone screening does not allow to appreciate candidates;
In an international professional world, the necessity to optimize time and distances is increasingly relevant when talents are dislocated in many countries. From their desk, recruiters can have access to quality information that are usually not reachable already in this phase.
- Interviews for all
Given the complexity of the skills that are required today to new employees, it would be desirable to meet in person every single candidate. CVing has created a sustainable format that extends the initial interview to a larger number of candidates, extending the chance to identify talents;
- Employer branding:
“Brand identity” and “employer branding” are topics of increasing importance in companies. Brands aim at taking care of any touch point with the market and the one with candidates has gained great importance for the perception of the brand, especially due to the increase of the research of talents and to the volume of candidates.
Recruiters have to handle tens of back to back phone screenings and at the end of the end they take the chance of communicating their own tiredness and frustration, representing a distorted image of the whole company.
The CVing process reduces this risk, allowing the candidate to come in contact with the company only in the moment of a physical meeting, letting a larger number of useful factors impact their impression.
The use of an innovative technology in the selection can also impact the perception of the candidate, who will envision the environment as stimulation and cutting edge.
– Sharing of the applications
Often the managers of a company tend to reject a candidate in less than a minute into their meeting in person. CVing allows the recruiter to share the best video interviews with their colleagues and supervisors, deciding in collaboration the candidate worthy of investment; also, they are able to involve the technical staff since this early stage for an evaluation of the attitude. In the case of the agencies, recruiters can disclose to the client the video interviews before their actual meeting at the company.
- More value to recruiters
The operational activity of a recruiter consists largely of repetitive and automatic actions. With CVing, these boring and time consuming operations are removed and they are able to better express their talent, or to increase their productivity. In the case of agencies, it shows that 1 operator will be able the manage up to 18 job positions/month, against the 7.5 possible with traditional methods.
- Analysis of emotional intelligence and attitude upstream in the process
Among the key assets of the best candidate are emotional intelligence, attitude and personality, which can be explored thoroughly thanks to the video format and to the certified personality test.
Yes, recruiters can select 5 questions to ask candidates, in every campaign.
For each of these, the candidate will have 30 seconds to get ready and 60 seconds to record their answer.
This way, recruiters will collect concise and in focus responses in a standard video format, accessible and shareable.
Other than the on demand video interview, CVing has created additional features that allow recruiters to access information that is more articulated and specific, with the aim of taking better and efficient decisions.
- Training: thought for candidates, to give them a tool to sustain simulated interviews in order to get ready for the real one and to gain confidence with the tool. The generated questions are random, and partly take after real questions asked by recruiters using CVing;
- CV: the candidate or the recruiter can attach the CV, to complete the application;
- Personality type: based on the theory of psychological types by Carl Gustav Jung, the OEJTS test is made of 39 questions, to be answer by choosing a point in the range between two options. It gives indications about one’s personality, about what jobs are the most suitable to a certain attitude and about tendencies in cultivating social relations. A recent survey by the McQuaig Institute has demonstrated that the lack of attitude or unsuitability of the personality represent the first cause of failure in the newly employed (53% of the cases), reason why the test has become so relevant that in the USA it is used by 85% of recruiters. Users are free to decide whether they want to share the results of the test, as it is featured to help young professionals to learn about themselves, but recruiters can also request it with a simple click.
Radar: the feature that allows candidates to visualise the public campaigns and, therefore, to send their application. The candidate can select the range of action of the radar, which locates the job offers; this choice responds to the importance of a criteria such as the distance that the candidate finds acceptable and within which they are willing to move. The research can be made by looking for a precise city or company of interest.
The spontaneous application will have the same format of the Pending Interview, a video interview on demand with the same 5 questions asked by the recruiter. The radar multiplies the number of applications for one single job post, while collecting them in the standard video format and allowing access to the CVing package of features.
Yes, once the contacts of the candidates are imported singularly or in a list in csv., the recruiter is free to add new ones to the campaign and these will receive the invitation to the Pending Interview in real time.
The candidates will have 7 days to send in their video application.
Since the moment it has been created, the campaign remains active for 1 month, after which it will be archived and the company will no longer be able to invite further candidates.
The recruiter can choose to archive or eliminate the campaign at any time during this period.
The candidates invited by the company will have 7 days to send their video interview, since they receive the invitation. Candidates who apply spontaneously will be able to send their video interviews during the whole length of the month during which the campaign is active.
At the expiration date, video interviews will not be deleted but will remain in the archive available to the recruiter.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by the European Commission, reinforces and homogenizes the protection of personal data of citizens and residents of the European Union.
The personality test adopted by CVing is the OEJTS (Open Extended Jungian Type Scales), inspired by the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and based on the Jungian theory of psychological types.
It is based on 4 dichotomies, extroversion and introversion, sensing and intuition, thinking and feeling, judging and perceiving: the combinations of these form the 16 personality types.
As in the intentions of researchers Myers and Briggs, these types are often used to give interpretations or indications of personal attitudes for certain professional profiles.
CVing presents the derived test OEJTS, made of 39 questions with two options each, to choose on the base of a gradient. The results are articulated in a short description of one’s professional profile and in an indication of the jobs that are most suitable to the given attitude.
Making a campaign public, the recruiter allows it to be located and showed in the radar, accessible to candidates and within the location range they choose. Candidates will have the chance to send spontaneous applications, by answering the same 5 questions in video. These will be collected in the same format of the Pending Interview and made available to the recruiter on the same page of the campaign on the desktop app.
The recruiter has the chance to gather more valid applications, maintain the candidates’ profiles in their database for a future Pending Interview and to nurture their employer branding on an innovative digital platform.